Statement of faith
Sierra Norwood Calvary Baptist Church adheres to the basic tenets of the Christian faith according to the Holy Scriptures. According to the
apostle Paul, “we are not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation” (Romans 1: 16). In an age that is growing increasingly hostile to Christian truth, our challenge is to express the truth as revealed in Scripture, and to bear witness to Jesus Christ who is “the Way, the Truth and the Life.”
Our fundamental beliefs are as follows:
- The Lord’s Day – The first day of the week is the Lord’s Day. It is a Christian institution in remembrance of the resurrection of Christ.
- The Holy Trinity – is comprised of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.
- Salvation – involves redemption through the shedblood of Christ, and is offered freely to all who accept Him as Lord and Savior.
- Christian baptism – is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The Lord’s Supper – is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church come together to partake of the bread and the wine, commemorating the death of the Redeemer and anticipating His second coming.
- Stewardship – Christians are obligated to be good stewards of their time, talents and material possessions and should recognize that these are entrusted to them by God to be used for His glory.